Old February 23rd 04, 02:05 PM
Piratebill

Mr. Dell wrote:

I ordered a preselector MFJ-956 from Universal Radio.
Please, give me any info about it, if I have to mod it and so on...
Thanks!

The 956 is a fair little tuner after you fix it.

Unless they have done a major remod on the thing in the last 6 months
its got the same crap the 100 watt MFJ tuners have in em....The Variable
will look like its been stepped on after being dropped on the shop floor
and you will have to do a lot of straightening to get it to stop
shorting out.I found a couple of junk box caps and an inductor for 10$
at a hamfest and built a much better tuner

I tossed mine in the trash after two months.I couldnt bear selling it on
ebay and screwing someone else.