Old February 23rd 04, 04:43 PM
Frank Dresser

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Who sells a nonconducting screwdriver? About the size of a paper clip
with its end filed to screwdriver shape, but nonconducting.

I need it to turn a pot that doesn't like to be shorted to ground,
poked at through a metal chassis hole.

I remember transparent plastic rods with screwdriver ends from long
ago, but don't know what word to search on.
--
Ron Hardin

Like an alignment tool? Radio Shack still sells them, although now
they're made with a anti-static (slightly conducting) nylon, which I
don't like so much as the old ones. Of course, I'm working mostly on
boatanchors. I keep my broken alignment tools and file new tips for
special jobs.

Hobby shops and hardware stores may have suitable plastic rod which you
can file a tip on.

Maybe you can take a plastic tube from a pen and glue a metal tab in the
end.

Frank Dresser