Old February 23rd 04, 10:28 PM
T. Early

"Mike Mauch" wrote in message
I'm new to SW and was looking at getting a ATS909 does anyone have

any
feedback on this receiver? The other one I'm looking at is the

YB400.

I like the 909, but since I'm permanently $$$-challenged, I liked the
identical Radio Shack DX-398 better for $100 less or so when it was
available. The Sangean is nice, and has adequate sensitivity with a
lot of features for the money, but, if the Sangean is over $200
($249?), I think the Sony 7600GR (which you didn't ask about but which
is on eBay) is a better value and also a fine portable.