Old February 24th 04, 02:34 AM
Waterperson77

MHO, the R3 is overpriced and it underperforms.

agreed.

although I still kind of like it.

and as far as I know, it's the only FCC-approved "video scanner" in the U.S.,
so far. although technically, it is NOT a "video scanner" even though it was
marketed as one.

It WON'T scan when in any video mode with the tv portion of the screen on.

I found out the hard way that unlike am-tv, you can't simply scan for the audio
of FM-TV modulated signals.

You have to have the tv portion of the screen on (not the frequency display on
the big screen, but the actual tv portion where you see either snow or a
signal), and when in that mode, it will NOT scan. You HAVE to tune it MANUALLY.

If you do get a signal, you might have to use the positice mode/negative mode
switch to get a watchable picture.

To flip between these modes, just push the mode button when in fm-tv mode.

Then you might also have to adjust the sound carrier if there's any sound on
the video signal. The small display wil read "car" when you enter the sound
carrier mode, where you can then adjust it until you hear sound, if there's any
sound present on the signal you're watching.