Old February 25th 04, 01:10 AM
Corbin Ray

Quick update on my 1102...

The SSB works very nicely. Of course I had to get out the manual to figure
out how to work it, but it works well.

I'm blown away by how much I'm getting on shortwave. It's like I've
discovered a new band tonight.

The speaker is really nice to listen to. It's not nearly as tinny as the
Sony 7600gr. But I thought I'd try a nice set of Koss headphones, and wow!
It sounds incredible on all bands, and FM with the bass boost is about as
good as it gets. In a comparison between my DX-398 with headphones and the
Degen with headphones, the Degen's wins hands down.

At this present time, I would put my Degen 1102 into the exact same level as
the Sangean 909, Grundig YB400, and Sony IC-SW7600GR. All have their unique
strengths and weakneses. But I was able to get my 1102 delivered to my door
for $68! So that puts the Degen in a class by itself.