Old February 25th 04, 04:57 AM
Dxluver

WLW is/was the *station of it's Time* hence the "nations Stations.' I could
hear it down in the basement in my grandpas bed with no radio.

Now beat that. ;-)

Oh the days of driving out to that beautiful area outside of Pisgah and all
those towers with the lights on it, "The V.O.A."

I know I told this story in here before, but what the hey. My Dad would pull
by the V.O.A. towers and him and Mom would explain to me what it was for(I was
fascinated) and all he had was the stock AM radio in is car, and he'd tune it
(I guess he knew where) and there I'd hear that booming voice "THIS pause is
the Voice of America." It gave me chills, I didn't want to leave the
place...lol. Now it's just a freekin' park, how sad. :-( Bethany gone.

I guess the power of the VOA relay overloaded the car radio, hence hearing
shortwave on a regular car radio. I had no idea then that it'd grow to be my
hobby today.