Old February 25th 04, 05:31 AM
WShoots1

There was a structure to radio programming back then that is gone now, and
even an A****er Kent can't receive that any more.

(Sigh...) So true. What made it romantic back then we
* Except for wire-press reports in newspapers and for Movietone News, radio was
the only way to get news.
* Radio then required one to use one's imagination. In fact, stuff was written
so certain vivid pictures would come to mind. Nowadays, the pictures are
provided.

I think that kind of radio is returning. Despite the stuff on US SW stations,
it is more of a personal nature than network stuff. There are some good retro
music and story shows on SW, too. (I need to write down the skeds of those.)

Too, microbroadcasting is growing up. I heard yesterday about Austin, Texas,
microbroadcasters linking their stations to provide broad coverage on the east
and west sides of town. That was kind of what I had in mind for my area, except
I thought of placing low powered translators on properties of willing owners.
Of course maintaining the same frequency would probably be impossible, unless
two transmitters were used at each translator, one for broadcast and one for a
link to another translator.

73,
Bill, K5BY