Old February 25th 04, 02:50 PM
Diverd4777

In article , "Corbin Ray"
writes:

On SW, the Degen blew away my 398!

Not in a 1 -1 test with an external antenna I bet.
They probably jiggered sensitivity on the Degen 1102
at the expense of selectivity;

- So, my guess is that, even though it's very sensitive on the whip,
there will be more overloads,

Oh quit it Corbin....lol...why don't you start a yahoo group on your new
piece
and see how many join. I'm sorry, this one is the hardest for me to
believe.
Anyone else? Is this even 'remotely' possible. I've got a log book my
friend
has just from my DX398 that hasn't even been modded yet (it will be) just so
he
can see if he can catch the same stations and countries as I have)....I know
live out in an RF free environment but still. I need another coffee now.
;-)

Listening to radio through my computer made no sense at all.
It's no different than listening to a real audio stream.

Agree.. Shortwave is better.. I can pick it up anywhere..

_ Except for Music shows ( Tasha) on Friday & John Lightning on Sunday Nights

( Where the Internet conection usually fails ! ! )