Old February 26th 04, 01:12 AM
Pirate Bill

Called J&R this morning to order a Mini World 100 PE since you said they
were ten bucks cheaper there....They said they didnt have any....havent
had them listed ever as far as they can tell?

Called AES and ordered one for $ 29.95 as a small birthday gift for an
old friend of mine thats really getting into shortwave...He has a YB 400
and a R-75 and a few other higher end recievers but liked my 100 because
its simple and fun.

I know of half a dozen around here and all of em work great....I
regularly listen to a lot of staions in the middle east and Australia
even on mine...sounds like you got a drop test model to me??

Jim Hackett wrote:
That's true. I paid $8 for the B&H, $20 for the mini-100...

"Pierre L" wrote in message
. ..

It also depends on the expectations. I mean, it's a pocket radio. It's not
going to compare to a 7600GR or a Sat-800.
Pierre

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
hlink.net...

I have both and all the B&H picks up is the 50000 watt blowtorch down

the

street. It picks it up across the band. All bands except FM. It is one
P.O.S. I am very pleased with the mini-100. I guess it goes to show

that

on a sample to sample basis, Chinese radios are extremely "variable" to

say

the least