Old February 27th 04, 07:59 PM
Mark S. Holden

Chandler7600 wrote:

I also found that the Sangean Ant-60 wan't really worth the bother; only a
slight boost in signal noticed.
( the SONY AN-LP1 Is a Very Good travel antenna)
BUT:
Iffen your camping out, go with a 100 + ft roll of whatever wires around....
400 feet should Really help with the very faintest of stations..

While more antenna is a good thing, I find the low RFI in the woods means you can get reasonable results with just about any antenna.

Low background noise also means active antennas are more useful than they would be at home.

My current camping antenna is a 3 meter active whip with a 30db preamp.

I generally use 10db of attenuation when I'm below 9mhz, but it works great!

An advantage to this antenna is I can set it up or take it down in a couple minutes.