Old February 28th 04, 06:58 PM
Stephan Grossklass

schrieb:

Thanks a lot for all the info , but I am still left
with a doubt . If I find interference at SW 10.333 mhz can I swith on to
SSB - upper / lower and still listen to the music / news etc .

Here the selectable sideband synch detector of the Sony would be useful
(along with good filters, that is!), assuming interference is only
coming from one side (then you could enable sync mode and select the
less disturbed sideband). ECSS (using SSB for AM stations) would also
work decently well and is recommended for extreme situations, though the
fine tuning is a bit tricky and needs a bit of practising (but at least
you can get the frequency right in the order of 10 Hz if you're good).
The Sangean would come in second, you may not be able to get the
receiver exactly onto the carrier frequency due to - for this purpose -
rather coarse fine tuning steps of 40 Hz. (It should be noted that
modified versions like the "Super 909" use smaller tuning steps and
would probably work equally well for SSB. Still, selectable sideband
synch detection is much more comfortable and thus to be preferred in
such a situation.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: