Old February 29th 04, 04:40 AM
Waterperson77

Nobody has been posting. It needs more action !

well, I'm getting back into the radio listening hobby after years of absence.

However, all I crrently have for shortwave lisstening is an IC-R3.

I used to listen to shortwave years ago with other radios.

I got the R3 for it's video capabilites as advertised, but never did see any
video on it other than broadcast tv (until I got my own wavecom video
transmitter and seen how poorly it performed that, while the wavecom reciever
was much better at recieving that a lot further away than the R3 could).

But the specs seem to be okay on the shortwave bands to me. Well, almost.

The radio's sensitivity is really bad up to 5 MHZ (including real bad
reception on the AM broadcast bandd, also).

But the sensitivity of the radio in AM mode improves starting at 5MHZ

I think the R3 was mismarketed. From the specs, and actual listening, it seems
as though the R3 was made to pick up the (old) regular scanner bands the best.

but it seems to be very poor at picking up 2.4 GHZ video, which it was
advertised as being good for.