Old July 6th 04, 03:37 AM
Wes

On 05 Jul 2004 11:59:51 EDT, am (Gary V.
Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:

Story snipped.

What are the odds? 'bout the same as this:

About a year ago (7-8-2003) the XYL and I loaded up the fifth-wheel
trailer and hit the road. I don't operate mobile but I did pack the
TS-870 and some coax and wire.

One of our first stops after leaving Tucson was to visit an old friend
and fellow Hughes retiree, Darv, W7KNA, in Eagar, AZ. We spent a
night (7-9-2003) at his place and headed then headed east. We didn't
set any schedules or even talk about trying to keep in touch. Darv
usually works 40 meters.

On August 26 we were camped in Governor Dodge SP in Wisconsin.
Finally there were some trees and we were staying for a week or so
visiting the parents of my next door neighbor so I pulled a 20 meter
dipole up into the trees. I tuned 20 meters for a bit and not hearing
much I decided to call CQ on 14.195.

You guessed it. On the first call I was answered by W7KNA.

Again. No schedule or plans to look for each other. Two guys
randomly on the same frequency at the same time with propagation to
each other.

Wes N7WS