Old February 29th 04, 05:38 PM
Sanjaya

wrote in message m...
"Sanjaya" wrote in message

link.net...
wrote...
I am in a fix which one of them is good choice between Sangean ATS 505
P / Kaito KA 1102 . My primary requirement is SW reception .

Anil .

Your earlier posts show you are concerned about cost.
(example... the $20 difference between the DE1101 and DE1102)
So it's obvious here you should pick the DE1102, unless you
can get a Sangean ATS-505 for about $70 total cost.

Both radios are good for SW. The Sangean has better sound from
the speaker.

I wasn't sure about the use of SSB in SW radio . Sangean
costs around $120 and not $ 70 . The difference between the KA 1102
and ATS 505
is only marginal , but how about technology wise , are they both same
?

The dual conversion of Sangean ATS - 505 is not claimed on
many reviews and that's the reason I am awaiting feedback from the
experienced
members like you who can advise a novice and a new entrant like me .

Your advise is of paramount importance .

Regards ,
Anil