Old February 29th 04, 06:27 PM
donutbandit

Mike Lynn wrote in :

Anyone have an idea how I can better my reception of a local AM station.
I live in the fringe area and was curious as to whether there is a
simple improvement for the AM broadcast band. I use a simple Panasonic
portable and just want to listen to talk-radio....
Thanks.
-mike

The simplest thing I can think of is this: put up a wire, and bring the end
of the wire to the radio. The wire will couple with the radio's built in
ferrire bar antenna and sensitivity will improve. Move the wire around in
relation to the radio until you find the best coupling.

The wire is not at all critical, and you can experiment with it's length to
determine how long you can make it without overloading the radio and
causing undesirable effects. I'd start with 50 feet.

This is the easiest way without buying anything or constructing anything,
and anybody can do it.