Old March 1st 04, 01:06 AM
Jim Douglas

The antenna is isolated from the fence which is wood.
"Ron G" wrote in message
Could it be that you have secured the antenna wire closely to the

(grounded)
metal of a chain link fence?

It seems like that would be "close coupling" to a grounded, long fence.

It seems that may kill any signal "gain"?

Best-----
Ron

Jim Douglas wrote in message
I have a long wire antenna that goes in somewhat of a C shape around the
fence in the backyard. I was wondering how others are physically

connecting
these types of antennas to their radio? Do you use a balun? I have a
Grundig Satellit 800, which physical input connection do you use?

I upgraded from the DX398 to the Satellit 800 in December and have been
somewhat disappointed in the reception.
I will monitor this group and when someone posts a pirate on 6925 or
whatever frequency I will tune and find a lot of N O T H I N G?

I am in the Dallas area and for example WWV on the best frequency is

rarely
about S1? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome and thanks!

Jim Douglas
http:\\www.genesis-software.com

Latitude 32.5818
Longitude -96.5412