Old July 6th 04, 05:55 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Wes

I LOVE hearing of rare incidents like that!

I was talking with an OM one night about 10 years ago, he was out in
the Denver area, I don't remember off hand which band we were on, but
in the background he had a 2 meter rig tuned to his local repeater.
It was quiet, no traffic while I was talking with him at all. Then
suddenly, as plain as day we heard a voice on the repeater come in
about mid sentence of a Triple A towtruck driver talking to a stranded
motorist, as the driver read back the license plate for verification,
it was this fellows own car tags, so we paused our conversation so he
could listen to the call, which must have been intermod of some type.

He was gone for a short while, but when he came back to the radio, he
said, darnest thing, my car is in the garage! It was bugging him to
no end, so he paused again to call Triple A. I hung around for about
a half hour waiting for him and was just ready to call it quits when
he gave me a call. That tags were from an adjoining state, but the
irony of the whole thing was, both registered owners had near
identical names. Not spelled the same, but close enough that they
could be mistaken for each other when spoken orally. Dow Einsteen and
Bo Weinstein or something close to those combinations.

I bumped into him on the same band about 3 months later and he was
still talking about it!

TTUL
Gary