Old July 6th 04, 09:11 PM
Richard Clark

On 6 Jul 2004 11:02:19 -0700, (RHF) wrote:

Yes I have an 'ego' and apparently your have an "EGO" too.

Certainly, mine is earned.

Hey, I try to be helpful and keep things positive.

Posting as a substitute for Prozac, or is it Lithium?

I did not play Twenty Questions : I posted three.

Hmm, a matter of degree not substance. As for substance I note you
have no interest in engaging the outcome of your questions' answers
nor in pursuing the technical claims of your submitted eh antennas.
So I will respond to your style and expose your weakness in that
regard too. ;-)

For some the EH Antenna may be a matter of 'faith' and to the
extent that it "Works" in some form or fashion: Hey It WORKS !
Your technical details valid or not, have very little relevance
to them and 'their' EH Antenna.

Rabbit ears for AM reception WORK for the faithful too. Such a
recommendation! It's like short-changing the blind to teach them self
sufficiency.

So Say I - My Opinions Stated as Facts ~ RHF

Actually "so write you." No one can hear you scream on the internet.

For others following the poor quality of discussion surrounding the eh
antenna; this design has been field tested, studied and analyzed quite
thoroughly on rec.radio.amateur.antenna. It is quite an education to
simply look at the field data offered by the proponents themselves
(who are just as incapable in reading engineering reports as any
Yahoo).

For the sheer bulk and complexity of the eh design, their own reports
shows it to be fully 0.1% to 1% efficient compared to a simple design.
Of course, few of you may be capable of erecting this simple design.
However, going to the trouble with the eh when you could as easily use
rabbit ears purchased at Radio Shack must bring with it what Yahoo
cites as the misty-eyed boon of faith (which accounts for easily 20
over S9 signals in an S1 field of noise where the faithless only hear
static).

Henceforth we can call these designs Faith-Gain Antennas. It means
that if you discard tuners, preselectors, tuned antennas, and simply
use a wire coat hanger; that if you squeeze your eyes hard enough and
fall to your knees with folded hands held slightly above brow level,
then you too can enjoy the melodious tongues from other lands
communicating to your inner heart - don't forget to turn on the radio.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC