Old March 1st 04, 06:58 PM
Mike S.

In article .net,
Jim Hackett wrote:

"AC Smith" wrote in message
. com...
Ordered my 1102 from Liypn yesterday and had an email back within 15
minutes! In 7 to 10 days I should have my black model 1102 and I'm
quite excited from the reviews I've read.

At the price, it certainly does seem to fall into the "good first
radio" category ... it seems it has a few idiosyncrasies but at the
price/performance it has to be bumped up to overlook those.

I'm looking forward to getting my shipment from China as it is one of
the few major countries I have never received mail from (if you don't
count Taiwan, but I got mail from them when their station was "The
Voice of Free China"!)

acs

I read nothing but positive things about the DEGEN DE105. It is by far, the
biggest piece of crap radio I own, and I own MANY.
P.S. That distinction was previously held by my Bell + Howell.

I would not say that the DE105 is worthy of glowing reviews; but for the
features it offers good value for the money ($25). For sensitivity,
selectivity, and image rejection it hasn't performed any worse than an
average single-conversion pocket radio. (Certainly better than the Tecsun
R-818 which you didn't seem to have much good to say about). For almost the
same money, you get direct-entry digital tuning and 10 memory channels per
band. It also has a lit display and good battery life.

The downsides: tinny audio, limited SW frequency coverage, synthesizer
noise.

Certainly adequate to carry in the pocket.

If you're _that_ dissatistifed with it, let me know; I can use a spare :-)