Old March 1st 04, 07:33 PM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 7:38:24 -0600, Dan wrote
(in message ) :

How about a Sangean ATS-909?

Sangean 818 without the cassette player (in other words, with the larger
speaker) would be much better for listening to music.

(or anything with good external speakers)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...78148264//ref=
sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/102-4494931-8090527?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

(kamalakar pasupuleti) wrote in message
. com...
I am looking for a sensitive SW radio which can pick up radio stations
from India and Ceylon which normally transmit vintage hindi music . I
have a Grundig
FR - 200 and sometimes I am able to tune India ( Vividh Bharti ) on 31
meters .
I had no success so far with radio ceylon which is on 25 meter band .

As always: the antenna is more important than the radio.

Give the group what type of buil;ding, i.e., house with yards, farm with
acerage, apartment (and how well the radio receives through an exterior wall
as opposed to a window) andf anything else you can think of and somebody will
have had the exact same thing grin.

Gray Shockley
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399