Old March 2nd 04, 09:13 PM
starman

Dxluver wrote:

At Radio Shack, they have this pait of phones that are 99.99 that are made out
of titanium. They fit super and definitely 'felt' expensive. Anyone with any
experience with these. Would they be good for DXing?

I have the Optimus Pro40's and have worn out the inside foam part so I have
black electrical tape nicely encircled into it. But I definitely need some
news phones, and I looked at the others and they were junk except this one
pair.

Figures it's made out of titanium and cost $99.99
Is there something I should look at in the specs to bring back to the group?

The plastic (mylar?) diaphrams of each headphone (speaker) are coated
with a thin layer of titanium. The value of this feature is quesionable.
The word 'titanium' is a big selling point these days so that's the main
reason they do it. Look in the spec's for frequency range and distortion
levels.