Old July 7th 04, 07:12 PM
Jim Kelley

Richard Clark wrote:

On 7 Jul 2004 02:31:53 -0700, (RHF) wrote:

RC - The topic became EH Antennas, and I posted "Links"

So long as we both agree you had nothing to contribute but a rather
notorious and noxious example of voodoo antenna design as an
unsuitable response to the original poster.

I see you remain wholly unprepared to actually discuss the pro's or
the con's of the eh design. THIS after all is the purpose of the
group you are posting to.

RC - When all you have is a single short WHIP Antenna built into your
'portable' AM/F/Shortwave Radio. A pair of "TV Rabbit Ears" properly
connected to the radio; may indeed function better as an Antenna.

May indeed - but then you really don't know how well do you? We can
agree you are unsuited for this forum's agenda.

For others following the poor quality of discussion surrounding the eh
antenna; this design has been field tested, studied and analyzed quite
thoroughly on rec.radio.amateur.antenna.

RC - They may wish to also seek an 'alternative' view point

We can both agree they "may" rather seek to go to Disneyland instead.
However this is not rec.radio.tourism nor rec.radio.therapy.
Netiquette demands you post appropriate responses.

It is quite an education to
simply look at the field data offered by the proponents themselves
(who are just as incapable in reading engineering reports as any
Yahoo).

RC - Yes as you have 'noted' I am Yahoo.

Of that there has never been any doubt. We both agree you can't read
an engineering report. One can only wonder what point you have to
make beyond tepid repetition of mumbled Te Deums. If you are ignorant
of their own data, I see little purpose to your correspondence here.

For the sheer bulk and complexity of the eh design, their own reports
shows it to be fully 0.1% to 1% efficient compared to a simple design.
Of course, few of you may be capable of erecting this simple design.

RC - For those who wish to seek an 'alternative' view point

We both agree that you have no experience with it yourself to
contradict their own reports of its abysmal performance.

RC - When all you have is a single short WHIP Antenna built into your
'portable' AM/F/Shortwave Radio. A pair of "TV Rabbit Ears" properly
connected to the radio; may indeed function better as an Antenna.

At lest we agree you still don't know how much better, and in fact you
don't even know if it would be better, do you? You seem wholly
disinterested in the discussion of the merit of antennas - shouldn't
you take up a hobby that engages you more and participate in their
groups?

Henceforth we can call these designs Faith-Gain Antennas.

Faith-Gain Antennas - How They Work... God Only Knows ? ? ?

All can agree you don't.

All can probably also agree that you seem more interested in your
correspondent than in antennas.

jk