Old March 4th 04, 03:53 PM
William Mutch

In article ,
says...
"William Mutch" wrote in message Has anyone
bookmarked the longwave site whcih gives freq's, calls
and locations? Just for curiousity I'd like to find out where some of
these beacons are.

PKA 260.9 YGK 263.4 IT (ithaca) 267.0
YQA 272.3 YPP 303.3 ZMX 317.3
CL 345.0 SB 362.2 YMW 366.4
ZQ 372.6 YB 394.4 Y8 401.3
YTA 409.2 BC 414.4 RYS 420.0

Go to the following site and download WWSU V5.10.

I tried this site and did the download. Interesting looking
program , but returns some nonsense values for range and bearings. The
map "beacon radar" doesn't correlate with the entered location.

It will give you the
location and frequency of the NDB station. In addition it will tell you the
distance and bearing from your location when you set in your locations
co-ordinates. It also offers some nice search capabilities if you only get
part of a call.

http://members.rogers.com/wiecek6010/files.htm

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, Tx.