Old March 5th 04, 04:45 PM
jeff

Default sony icf-sw55 stopped working

Anybody have any experience with this?

After 10 years of flawless operation, my sw55 stopped working last
night. I turned on the radio and set the sleep timer to 30 min as usual.
After 5 minutes, the radio turned off. When I tried to turn in back on,
it came up with the "cal" on the display and there was a faint hiss from
the speaker. After 30 seconds, the radio turned off again instead of
displaying a station. I tried pushing buttons, jiggling the antenna,
using the reset button, unplugging for a while, changing batteries, but
the behavior is the same.

Has my tuner died? Is there a way to repair it that won't cost more than
the radio is worth? This radio has spent its life sitting on my
nightstand and is in otherwise perfect condition. it would be a shame to
trash it.

Any ideas?

Thanks