Old March 5th 04, 08:21 PM
Tracy Fort

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:27:51 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

I bought a RatShack DX-392 shortwave set from a thrift shop for $3.
They couldn't get it to work because they didn't see the clock
batteries (AA cells) in the bottom of it....(c;

The radio works great and is a nice hot receiver for something without
proper sideband filters in it. It's only problem is the BFO is about
3Khz off frequency, so you have to tune the receiver off frequency to
get the BFO injection in the right place to receive sideband. It's
VERY stable, amazingly enough, and will stay on freq for hours
monitoring hams and NY Radio on 8.9 Mhz to planes over the Atlantic.

Does anyone have access to the service manual Radio Shack tells me
USED to exist, but is no longer available? I can't find any
adjustment to center up the BFO in it but there's gotta be a way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even the way it is it was a
helluva bargain....(c;

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

here is a link to the operators manual...matbe it will help

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc62/62173.pdf

Tracy