Old March 6th 04, 01:59 AM
tommyknocker

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Be glad to make contact with any hams in the group, also. My call is
W4CSC and I'm good on qrz.com or any callbook. (The insulator I'm
holding on my picture on qrz.com is what happens when you apply 70KW
to a 300KV feed through insulator on Rev Stair's pirate radio ship the
FCC confiscated. (No, I'm NOT involved with Rev Stair in any way.
The ham who was heading up his project invited me by the boat while it
was here for a little tour. It wasn't going to work, anyways. 70KW
RF was eating HOLES IN THE HULL! The insulator exploded over my head
and I kept it for a little souvenir before the Feds showed up...(c

I guess that would've sunk the profit-literally as well as figuratively.
But he hasn't let a little problem like child rape charges put a dent
in his fundraising activities, so a sunken ship wouldn't do the trick.