Old March 6th 04, 03:28 AM
Joe

No Problem
Yea, the early boards alignments from whoever Sangean contracted were real
"El-Stinko"
I also had to convert the AVC rectifier to a doubler to handle the big MW
stations here in the Tri State area (overloading, brash audio), I also added
a LED illumination to the display
Those filters are no beauties also, I have a DX-390 aka Sangean ATS 818.
Its still a bang for for the $$.
I have dealt with Sangean in Ca. they are hands down the nicest people to
deal with in radio since Drake n the 70's.

-Joe

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:44:18 GMT, "Joe"
wrote:

Like the DX-390 its TC3 on the board, it not accessible.
Without a test jig the screws on the outer board must come off, the PCB
flipped up just enough to access it with the set powered ON
I DO NOT recommend this if your a rookie !
Center the BF at 12 O'clock and Tune to WWW and adjust TCP-3 for a zero
beat.

Joe

Thank you, Joe. I owe you one.

SSB sensitivity just went up 15 db...(c;

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!