Old March 6th 04, 12:28 PM
Larry W4CSC

I don't know why I bought it. There's $15K in Yaesu ham equipment
sitting idle on this desk...(c; Internet has been hell on ham radio
operations, here, for many years.

It's a nice receiver, even though RS treated it as if it were a leper
when I asked for the service manual. I'll take it to sea, Wednesday,
for some R&R on deck.

At $3, it IS a lot of bang for the buck...(c;

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:28:35 GMT, "Joe"
wrote:

No Problem
Yea, the early boards alignments from whoever Sangean contracted were real
"El-Stinko"
I also had to convert the AVC rectifier to a doubler to handle the big MW
stations here in the Tri State area (overloading, brash audio), I also added
a LED illumination to the display
Those filters are no beauties also, I have a DX-390 aka Sangean ATS 818.
Its still a bang for for the $$.
I have dealt with Sangean in Ca. they are hands down the nicest people to
deal with in radio since Drake n the 70's.

-Joe

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!