Old March 6th 04, 06:15 PM
funkbastler

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:46:04 -0500, Al Patrick wrote:

Well, recently I gripped to this group about the Wal-Mart "service"
departments when things didn't go too well.

Wife used to take her car to WalMart to get the oil changed - until
they cross-threaded the drain plug.

They're also the only folks I've ever seen want to plug a hole in
a radial tire instead of breaking it down and patching it properly.

soon as I slung some of the crud off. Tip: Don't have tires balanced
except when they are clean and dry! No rainy, snowy days!

Hmmmm... the folks I use always scrape all the accumulated dirt
and mud off the rims before balancing the tires. I think that
only somebody who hadn't had much (if any) training would do
otherwise. It's kind of a "DUHHH" thing.

--
-fb-