Old March 7th 04, 03:01 AM
mike maghakian

the absolute best english guide is Mark Fine's guide on www.fineware-swl.com

"Love2camp5" wrote in message
I am thoroughly enjoying my new Sangean ATS818ACS - I'm glad I finally

found a
radio that I'm compatible with.

Anyway-is there a difference between buying a reel-type antenna for the

plug on
the radio and just making a length of wire with the alligator clips and
clipping it directly onto the whip antenna?

Those are as far as I'm interested in going regarding antennas...just

wondered
which route is better.

I also wouldn't mind finding a simple shortwave program guide (English

only)
just for what is receivable in eastern North America...I'm getting weary

of
wading through pages and pages of hour-by-hour programming, when most of

it is
for other parts of the world. Does such a creature exist???

Thanks...
Linda
Pennsylvania