Old July 9th 04, 12:47 PM
vandmand

"John Passaneau" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi:
Do you have the loop horizontal or vertical? Horizontal mounting requires

it
to be 20 feet (sorry can't do meter in my head) above ground. Your balcony
most likely has steel structure holding it up and that is always ground.

Try
mounting it vertical if you have not already done so.

--

Hi

Thanks for you mail.

The loop is mounted vertically.

Yes, your are right. There is a lot of steel and aluminium in the structure
of my balcony.

I have tried to replace the loop but it still "refuse" to tune below 21 MHz.

I can se a small dip on the meter but are not able tuned it manually.

From 21 MHz and above I get a very low SWR.

In the instruction manual it is mentioned if there is a high SWR due to
placement of the loop, the feed loop in the antenna can be tuned to get a
lower SWR.

I have not tried this solution yet due to the good SWR on higher band, but
perhaps I should.

Regards
OZ1JZV - John