Old March 8th 04, 01:54 AM
CW

Actually, there is usually a bit of processing done to radio personalities
voices. More or less depending how they sound. I have talked in person to a
number of them and rarely do they sound the same. In any case, anyone is
going to sound way different on AM as opposed to SSB. I have simply changed
rigs and had people not recognize me.
"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
.com...
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 2:16:04 -0600, N8KDV wrote
(in message ):

Art is currently on 3840, heard him ID at 0804 as W6OBB/Pahrump.

Heck of a nice signal, but you'd hardly recognise his voice! A lot of
processing
must be done to it for AM radio.

Usually not.

There is a "professional" voice and a "ham - relaxed" voice.

Both are legit grin.

/gray/