Old March 8th 04, 04:48 AM
T. Early

"Mack Sambo" wrote in message
om...
"T. Early" wrote in message

Let's have a brief intelligence (or in the case of a Jones,
non-intelligence) test. Show me anywhere in my previous post

where I
suggested "censoring" Jones. My main regret, which may require

some
degree of reading comprehension to follow, is that Noorey is not

up to
the task of exposing Jones' absurd fallacies for what they are.

I'm
guessing you aren't either.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++
Your wish to censor Alex Jones is implicit in the post, your
"regret" that he is appearing on a show with such a large listening
audience reveals that. Your supposition that it is George Norry's
responsibility to "expose" Jones indicates a lack of understanding
regarding the genre of the show, it's not CNN's Crossfire or NBC's
Hardball. Also, the audience can call in and engage Jones directly

if
they so desire.
If you were intellectually honest you would admit that you would
relish the opportunity to censor Alex Jones. Your assumption that

the
listeners aren't able to determine the validity of what Jones says,
what is true or not true, also betrays an arrogance all too common
amongst people such as yourself.
Mack

Let's see if I'm too "arrogant" to follow your line of reasoning.
After admitting that I listen to Jones on SW, I express concern
(regret, if you want) that Jones is getting three hours on Coast to
Coast because I question Noorey's ability to appropriately question
Jones on some of his political fantasies.

This, in your mind, equates to advocating censoring Jones, which I did
not. When asked directly where I advocating censoring him, you say
it's "implied." In other words, I didn't say it, but we'll pretend
that wishing Jones would appear in a different forum with a better
interviewer equates to calling for censorship (i.e., taking him off
the air). Having put words in my mouth, and trying to pass that off
as "implied," you now suggest that *I'm* intellectually dishonest and
jump back on the censorship horse. So let's resolve that once and
for all--I'd like nothing better than to see Jones get as much
personal coverage as possible by seasoned interviewers who don't have
Noorey's penchant for tossing softballs. Noorey is a decent guy with
a good show within it's realm, but wouldn't it be great to hear Jones
explaining the "Secrets of the Bohemian Grove" to Mike Wallace?

It also strikes me as rather strange that you consider it "arrogant"
to desire that Jones be interviewed by someone with sufficient
knowledge of politics to put his "ideas" to the test, rather than
someone whose idea of a credible source is Richard C. Hoagland.
Still, you don't have to be arrogant to recognize that for anyone who
regards Jones as source of wisdom on current events, an informed,
politically astute interviewer probably is the last thing you'd want.