Old March 8th 04, 04:53 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"S R" wrote:

I have this radio. It has lots of features in it. I do not know when if
first came out. Does anyone know the year it came out?

There is a SYNC button. What is that for?

In the future I plan to buy the Grundig Satellite 2000. Does anyone has
this radio?

When you are listening to a broadcast station in the AM mode
propagation some times reduces the carrier but the modulation is still
there. The radio needs the carrier to properly demodulate the signal.
Under these circumstances the audio will sound distorted and
unintelligible depending on how sever the selective fading is at that
moment. How long the distortion lasts depends on conditions. Turning on
the ³SYNC² causes the radio to generate a carrier that is locked or
synched to the carrier of the radio station and takes its place during
the selective fading. You canıt tell if it is working when engaged of
course unless the fading occurred often and regular. Having another
radio tuned to the same station without sync you could hear the great
difference it makes.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California