Old March 8th 04, 05:22 AM
Jerry G.

When this model first came out, I was servicing them. I cannot remember the
exact year it came out, but I think it was in about 1989 or so. There were a
few improvements in their production runs over the years.

The 2010 is a very good portable radio, and offers good performance,
sensitivity, image rejection, and good selectivity with good stability. For
general DXing it is fairly good. This is not a full blown communications
receiver by any means, but is very good for a portable. If you want
something good, then you should be looking at something like a Kenwood 5000,
or an Icom R71A, or something along that line from Drake or one of the
others in that category. Then there is no comparison.

In the Grundig, the model 800 is a very good receiver. The front end and
main design is based on Drake engineering. If you want a very good radio for
the price, this would be the one to get.

Sync detection is where the audio composition is stripped off from the
incoming carrier. A new carrier is generated, and is phase locked to the
original carrier only. The regenerated carrier is used to carry the
modulation from the original signal source, therefore the background noise
that is in the original carrier is reduced. This also reduces fading to some
degree. The user can adjust the carrier phase offset to slightly plus or
minus of the original incoming carrier of the radio station being received.
This allows to be able to tune it for best response of the signal, and also
offset as much as possible any noise coming in from the sidebands of the
station.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"S R" wrote in message
I have this radio. It has lots of features in it. I do not know when if
first came out. Does anyone know the year it came out?

There is a SYNC button. What is that for?

In the future I plan to buy the Grundig Satellite 2000. Does anyone has
this radio?

Thanks.