Old March 8th 04, 09:38 AM
Mark Keith

(Dxluver) wrote in message ...
going on 1100UCT
7.091 LSB
QTH: Cincinnati,Oh.
Antenna: AD DX sloper
Receiver: DX398 &Hammarlund HQ 140X

**some guy is cleaning up, talking to Italy and Japan and some other
countries. Very nice sounding station, I wonder what he's running?

Dunno, but he's DX himself, if he's on 7.091. U.S. stations can't work
fone in that part of the band. But many in semi near countries can. I
think maybe even Mexico can work fone there, but I'd have to check.
40m is a mess. I'll be glad when they get all the different countries
on the same page and move the BC farther up the band. IE: a station in
europe can only work up to about 7.100. Higher than that is BC in
europe. But here in the US, we can go up to 7.300. Here, we must work
CW or other modes below 7.150. So that means to work Europe or other
countries like Japan, etc, we have to work split. And that sucks,
because most that work split don't bother to see if they are trampling
over a QSO on their transmit freq, being they listen mostly to the
receive end. I've had many a QSO in the US fone band trashed by
contesters working split. They usually don't care who they run over as
long as they can make the contact. MK