Old March 9th 04, 02:08 PM
Richard Cranium

"DeWayne" wrote in message ...
Sangean's top of the line ATS-909/DX-398 is well known to have had problems
with lock-ups. My question is, is Sangean still shipping brand new 909's
with these same problems that have been known about for years? The 909 is
not a 'cheap' radio. They sell for well over $200. I would be very
interested to know if anyone has purchased a recent brand new 909 with any
of the well known problems they have had for several years. If Sangean is
selling new defective radios, I would have to ask do most manufacturers do
this? We have been discussing this topic in the DX-398 Yahoo group. One
person is having a real problem with his DX-398. He has not been getting
much help, even from Sangean. He has tried most of the common 'fixes' but
without remedy. These are very popular radios and I hope someone has some
info to help us out. And I would really like to know what, if anything,
Sangean has done to help us. Or is Sangean still selling defective 909's?
Thanks!

DeWayne

I would suggest that he take his DX398 problems to Radio Shack, not
Sangean. RatCrap might be more responsive since it was their product.
Sangean would have no responsibility.

BTW, my DX398 has never "locked up".