Old March 9th 04, 07:20 PM
PABruceFan

Default UT-106 vs. RadioCom 4.5 DSP, PCR-1000 Help

I'm confused and need a little advice. I recently purchased an ICOM
PCR-1000 w/RadioCom 4.5 software. The data sheets I've seen claim DSP
processing is handled by the RadioCom software, yet ICOM also sells an
add on hardware device (UT-106) that apparently does the same thing.
Which is better? Should I spend the extra bucks and get the UT-106 or
spend the extra bucks and get the upgraded RadioCom software that
claims even BETTER DSP than v4.5. ANY advice will be greatly
appreciated.

Barry