Old March 10th 04, 03:28 AM
Mike

On 10 Mar 2004 01:16:49 GMT, (elg110254) wrote:

What a loss to shortwave listeners worldwide! On my "Switzerland Calling- Hier
Die Schweiz" QSL dated 29 VII 69, engineer L. Mindle admonished a young
listener whilst still issuing reception verification of their 25/4/69 0130
G.M.T. North America I transmissions on 9.535 mhz/ & 11.715mhz with: "You
forgot to indicate the date of listening. We were only able to trace the date
by means of the details given in your report. Remember a report is only of any
value, if it contains both the date and the time of reception in addition to
program details. We've sent you our current Program Schedule and wish you good
listening". Nowadays you hardly get a thank-you or a .... you!!!

Those were the days for short wave. Radio Norway sent me a similar
letter, but they still sent the QSL back in 1967.
I miss those days.
Mike

(remove PLANET and insert EARTH for proper e-mail address!