Old March 11th 04, 07:37 AM
Dxluver

You mirror my thoughts EXACTLY. I just got mine 3 days ago. (YAWN)
I have the much touted Degen 1102 due here any day. I have a sneaky feeling
that it also will be less than the hype

Jim and Corbin,
I feel your pain. *BUT*......you do get what you pay for. I don't undestand
the thinking. Unless, you absolutely don't have a small pocket radio, if
that's what you're looking for.......grab the DX399.....I'm sure they're out
there. If you want just BCB, grab a GE P-780.....shortwave with sideband the
DX402, a buddy a mine that has that piece cut out a lot of the problems
(fitering and whatnot) and now he can hook a longwire to it without all the
intermod and crosstalk on it.

Good luck guys, as I'm waiting on my second GE P-780. :-D