Old March 11th 04, 12:30 PM
Rob R.

Default Satellit 800 questions??

Just got a refurb Satellit 800 from Universal and cannot believe this unit
does not have auto band scanning capabilities. I have 50 dollar portables
that do that. I really like the darn thing, but when I plug in the earphones
I get this noticeable background static, even with the volume turned all the
way down. Then, as I slowly bring up the volume, the static is there in the
background, making listening very annoying. What's wrong here? Finally...how
is the VFO supposed to work. Every I push the button it seems to change and
I can't figure out what its supposed to be doing. Thanks for the help.
RR