Old March 11th 04, 03:01 PM
Jim Hackett

That IS a shame about bandscanning. I know. I have one and miss it also.
The noise in the headphones seems to be fairly typical. On mine it's only
noticeable when the volume is all the way down. The VFO button will take
you back to whatever frequency you were on BEFORE you start messing with the
memories. Join up with the Yahoo Satellit800 group for the answers to ALL
your questions...

"Rob R." wrote in message
hlink.net...
Just got a refurb Satellit 800 from Universal and cannot believe this unit
does not have auto band scanning capabilities. I have 50 dollar portables
that do that. I really like the darn thing, but when I plug in the

earphones
I get this noticeable background static, even with the volume turned all

the
way down. Then, as I slowly bring up the volume, the static is there in

the
background, making listening very annoying. What's wrong here?

Finally...how
is the VFO supposed to work. Every I push the button it seems to change

and
I can't figure out what its supposed to be doing. Thanks for the help.
RR