Old March 11th 04, 07:52 PM
BDK

In article , diverd4777
@aol.com says...
Probably a Klez type virus, using someones address book
to spoof e-mail addresses..

In article , Alex Crow
writes:

Just a virus faking your domain info. mikewb would just be someone
unfortunate enough to be in an infected computer's address book, browser
cache, etc.

Most have been the Beagle virus, but there's always an oddball one
floating around and there will soon be variants, if not already.

The people who open the file have been lucky for the most part. Nobody I
have talked to has had any major damage. One guy's internet connection
number was changed to something in Taiwan, I think it was,might have
been Singapore, can't remember. I can't believe they(Spoofed virus
creators) went through all the hassle of doing it for just something
mildly annoying like that.

I wonder if it's a "dry run" for something really nasty. Most of the
ones I've heard about so far make a ton of popups, change dialup numbers
and homepages, stupid stuff like that. I guess we'll find out one of
these days..

Aren't PC's fun??

BDK