Old March 11th 04, 10:28 PM
Al Patrick

A time zone map? I heard rave reviews of the TransOceanic for years
and finally got one. It was one of the transistor models and worked
very well. I let someone else have it years ago, regretfully, and don't
recall for sure what panel you refer to. However, I believe mine had a
time zone map. Also, some of them had rotateable antennas so you could
use them to zero in on the direction to a station, thus using them for
navigation -- direct toward the station or via triangulation.

Al

=================

S R wrote:

I did a search and I saw great pictures of some of these radios. They are
just incredible. I notice that they often came with a panel on the back
side that came up. I wonder what that was for?

Not too long ago I was at J&R's (electronic store), and I did see replicas
of vintage radios. And I did see a Trans-Oceanic style radio. It looked
like the radio that was use in the Spirit of St. Luis. But this one did not
have SW, (dam)! I forgot the name of the brand!

And I think that The Shaper Image makes one too.

73!