Old July 13th 04, 07:05 AM
Bill Radio

Isaac,
All these are acceptable suggestions, but if your antenna base is truly
magnetic, an inverted 1-pound coffee can makes a perfect ground plane.
Larger would be slightly better, but beyond that, "finding the sweet spot"
is probably the best advice of all. Make sure that the antenna matches the
band being used: I believe AT&T is 800 MHz for 'digital' in FL, therefore
you should have a 800 MHz antenna. Do a google search for Cellular Yagis if
necessary, but I find most of these at www.canyonriver.com, and
www.antenna.com.

Bill Radio NAØNA
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"isaac" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,

I understand that when used as intended the antenna uses the roof or
trunk of your car as a ground plane or counterpoise. (Are these the
same thing?)

I don't even know what wavelengths I'm dealing with. It's AT&T
wireless, and "digital, not GSM", which I assume means PCS, on a
Motorolla V60 color. Can someone tell me if I'm looking at 800 Mhz,
or 1900, or what?