Old March 12th 04, 09:52 AM
Sanjaya

"RHF" wrote...
SANJAYA,

So what do the Degen DE1102 and Tecsun PL-550 use for their
External Antenna Input:
Mono 1/8" Jack ?
Stereo 1/8" Jack ?

Except for the Sangean ATS-909 which is by 'design' Capable of
using a larger/longer (over 35 Feet) outside External Antennas.

FWIW: In general most 'portable' Shortwave Radios function at
their best with a medium length outside External Antenna that is
about 30-35 Long.

IMHO: The Portable Wire Antenna (PWA) is the better choice for
most 'portable' Shortwave Radios; especially when the outside
External Antenna is over 70 Feet long.

READ - "More On - Building the 'Portable Wire Antenna' (PWA)"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/826
.
.
REMEMBER: "The AM/MW and Shortwave Antenna is 55.5% . . .
of the Radio/Receiver and Antenna/Ground Reception Equation"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/288
A Shortwave Antenna is "Equally" Important for Good Reception [.]

Hi RHF.

The Degen DE1102 has a mono 1/8 inch input.

I don't have the PL-550 yet, I might get one...
so I don't know it's input, or if it's designed for long
external antennas. It does have an antenna attenuator
knob though.

I'm guessing the DE1102 is not, by design, capable of using
a longer than 35 foot external antenna.
I'm going to make the PWA and was going to make it over 35 feet...
the perimeter of my listening room 48 ft + the windings on the tube...
50 feet approximately, plus another foot of wire for the mono
plug to connect to the radio.

Thanks for your input. I wasn't very clear in my earlier posts,
so I hope this helps clear up what I'm trying to do.