Old March 12th 04, 08:42 PM
CW

The SWL callsigns have as much meaning as the secret decoder ring that you
get out of the serial box. There is no guarantee that you have a unique call
either as anyone can make them up. Save your money, make one up and print
your own certificate. It is just as valuable.

"S R" wrote in message
I picked up Popular Communication magazine (March 2004). On page 36 their
is an article on call signs for SWL's.

But one question, if you are a SWL and you have no ARRL license, then when
do you use your SWL callsign issued by SWARL?

If your a SWL, scanner, FRS and CBer, would this all be printed in your
certificate?

And, does the SWARL website allows people to look up callsigns?

I think that it is a good idea to issue callsigns. I think that it could
enhance the hobby. I am more interested in picking up DX broadcasting
stations then ragchew.

I wish Popular Communication magazine would improve their shortwave

listing
guide!

73