Old March 13th 04, 02:36 AM
tommyknocker

N8KDV wrote:

Radio Exterior de Espaņa English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Yesterday, there was too much static at my QTH. Today, I heard the intro
where they mentioned the massive crowds that turned out to mourn, then
the sound went mushy (a common problem with REE). I DID hear the
anchorwoman asking somebody who was responsible, but I couldn't hear the
answer. After 20 minutes I gave up and turned off the radio. Does
anybody else have the mushy sound problem while listening to REE? What
do you do to make the signal intelligible? They have a really good news
department, but they're rarely intelligible enough on my end to listen
to. I've noticed that they seem to be a little off frequency (like
6054.7 instead of right on 6055) which matters because they're usually
pretty weak on my end. (The anchors could have better diction, but
that's not under my control of course. )