Old March 13th 04, 05:53 AM
T. Early

" wrote in message
"T. Early" wrote:

"Chandler7600" wrote in message
Just More " Screw Your Neighbor " politics from the

Republicans..

My neighbors are getting some nice refund checks about now

courtesy of
the Republicans. But if you consider that a "screwing," I guess
that's your choice.

A very shortsighted view. Let us know how you feel when your local

taxes
go up, to pay for all the services which no longer receive adequate
federal funding.

If you consider it "shortsighted" to want once to have more control
over your own money in the face of generations of consistent tax
hikes, then my view is "shortsighted." If you consider the
perspective that the private sector (i.e., the taxpayer) is much
better at allocating capital than the public sector (which wastes gobs
of it on the way to it's intended "destination"), then my view is
"shortsighted."

And BTW, your premise is a straw horse. A rise in local taxes is -not-
the inevitable consequence of either federal tax cuts or reduced
federal funding. The original post was about being "screwed." The
only people I know who have been screwed consistently are working
stiffs who formerly labored until about May 11 every year to pay their
tax bill to feed the bureaucracies, including numerous "services"
dreamed up in the public sector that they neither want nor need.