Old March 14th 04, 08:50 PM
Telamon

Default What in the Hell

In article k.net,
"Maximus" wrote:

I don't mind a discussion of either topic as long as people want to
be civilised and actually discuss. What I hate is the juvenile
name-calling crap. With all that is going on in the world, it is
unwelcome. Besides that, why not turn on your radios, listen to
what's going on and share the interesting things you find ?

I am not a Dx'er although I do spend some time with faint signals that
come in at this location while band scanning. If I were to publish what
I listen to most of the time it would be the English broadcasts to this
region along with a few others that come in strongly despite not being
directed here. That is because I'm a program listener. I bought my
radios to hear the content on the bands because I learned years ago that
the news media in this country do not tell the whole story. From
shortwave I listen directly to what foreign nations have to say.

Usually trying to discuss something controversial in the newsgroup that
I heard on SW just brings in the Trolls, which take over the thread
every time preventing any intelligent discourse on the subject. I can
ignore the Trolls but others can't and the thread goes to hell. That's
the way it works here.

I don't go for the exotic stuff just the regular broadcasts so that is
not worth bringing up and if I want to discuss something I heard like a
news spot about a serious subject that sounded funny because of the way
it was produced I get blasted.

So that most leaves talk about the radios or antennas to post about and
even then because it is technical most people here are not able to grasp
the concepts like what specifications mean because they donšt understand
the meaning of the logarithmic numbers or worse are some of the hams
that think they know.

That pretty much leaves Bryant who is the most interesting poster in the
group to talk about. If Bryant were to go away from the group I just
might loose interest myself. I canšt wait to see what soap operatic
posts that whacky guy is going to make next.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California